“The sky is not the limit. It is just the beginning”
The Story of a Photographer
Dorota and Michal are both CAA approved freelance drone operators and aerial videographers based in Edinburgh, Scotland and operating all over the UK.
Being CAA approved pilots allows us to fly up to a height of 400ft which is more than high enough for most operations (manned aircraft are not permitted below 500ft).
We can live stream events over facebook and youtube and our ground station delivers a live feed of both the drone status and the image we are shooting.
Certified by the CAA for aerial work, we holds the legally required Third Party liability insurance.
PERMISSION – Small Unmanned Aircraft / Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft.
- The Civil Aviation Authority, in exercise of its powers under articles 94(5) and 95(2)(a) of the Air Navigation Order 2016 (‘the Order’), as amended, hereby permits Dorota Markowska and Michal Markowski Trading As Dorota Markowska Photography (the SUA operator), to operate small unmanned aircraft (see Note 1) of the class(es) listed in paragraph 2 below, for the purposes of commercial operations and for operations over or within 150 metres of any congested area.
- This permission is applicable to the following class(es) of small unmanned aircraft:(a) Multirotor / Helicopter.
- This Permission is granted subject to the following conditions, namely, that the small unmanned aircraft shall not be flown:
- (a) Other than by persons employed by or contracted to Dorota Markowska and Michal Markowski Trading As Dorota Markowska Photography whilst being holder(s) of an appropriate recommendation issued by a UK National Qualified Entity for remote pilot competency, or an alternative existing aviation qualification determined to be acceptable to the CAA (CAP722 refers);
- (b) Unless there is insurance cover for the small unmanned aircraft that meets the requirements of EC Regulation No. 785/2004;
- (c) Unless the small unmanned aircraft is maintained within the direct, unaided Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) of the remote pilot, out to a maximum horizontal range of 500 metres unless a lesser control link radio range has been specified by the manufacturer;
- (d) At a height exceeding 400 feet above the surface, unless permitted to do so under article 94A(3) of the Order;
- (e) Within the flight restriction zone (see Note 2) of a protected aerodrome, unless in receipt of the appropriate permission as required within article 94A of the Order.
- (f) Over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;
- (g) Within 50 metres of any person, vessel, vehicle or structure that is not under the control of the SUA operator or the remote pilot, except that during take-off and landing this distance may be reduced to 30 metres;
- Flights at night shall only be conducted in accordance with the approved Ops Manual procedures. Prior to flying operations, a daylight reconnaissance and site safety assessment including aircraft flight-paths within the surrounding area, shall be undertaken to identify, address and record any hazards, restrictions and obstacles. The launch site shall be provided with adequate illumination and the aircraft shall be equipped with adequate conspicuity lighting. Flights shall only commence when the weather conditions are suitable for continuous VLOS operations.
- Any occurrences that take place while the said aircraft is being operated under this Permission shall be reported in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 376/2014 (the Occurrence Reporting Regulation).
- This permission shall have effect from 15/05/2020 until and including 15/05/2021 unless previously varied, suspended or revoked. for the Civil Aviation Authority
CAA approved freelance drone operators and aerial videographers based in Edinburgh, Scotland and operating all over the UK.
Need video or photography? There are so many ways in which we can help you.