Policies | READ IN FULL *
Thank you for choosing me to capture your familymemories! These policies are in place so that there are no surprises. I want your experience to be the best possible. By paying your deposit you agree to the following term and conditions.
- Use of photos I wish to use images taken at your session for promotional purposes for my business. Here are examples of what I am speaking of: PHOTO GALLERY | BLOG | INSTAGRAM . If you are NOT happy with me sharing your photos simply let me know.
- Travel Fee: If the location of the shoot is further than 15 miles of the post code EH14 please add an additional 0.50p/mile to your session fee.
- Cancellations or need to reschedule: Life happens. I know that illness and unexpected events come up. Please give me as much notice as possible if a need to reschedule comes up. I, Dorota will exchange the same courtesy should a life event come up. We will work together to find a time to reschedule. We live in Scotland and weather changes very quickly the session cannot be cancelled because of the bad weather earlier than 2 hours before the session. It might surprise us.
- Online Gallery: Within 2 weeks from your session a private gallery will be available to view your images. I will choose the best images for your gallery. Your gallery will be available for viewing and ordering for 2 weeks. You may share your gallery link with family and friends. Please back up your files. No RAW files available for sale.
- Final Sales: Do to the custom nature of photography, all sales are final.
- Payment options: You may pay via cash, bank transfer or paypal. Deposit of £50 is due on the day of the booking to secure your date and current prices. Deposit is non refundable. The outstanding balance must be paid on the day of the session.
- Packages - For package, a deposit of £50 is due at the time of your booking and the remainder of the fee (for all sessions) is due at your first session.
- Copyright All photographs created by the Dorota Markowska Photography are copyright protected. Clients who purchase digital files may create reprints for personal use only. All other uses of digital files are prohibited and require the express written consent of the Photographer.
- Print release you have the right to unlimited printing.
- Model Release Dorota Markowska Photography, its legal representatives, heirs and assigns may use any and all proofs and prints for purposes of advertising, display, brochures, including, but not limited to use on the Photographer’s website and social media and in photography contests, or for any other reasonable purpose without notification of, release by, or compensation to the Clients. The Clients hereby release the Photographer, its legal representatives, heirs and assigns from all liability and claims in connection with the images.
- Authorisations The Clients shall be obligated to obtain any and all necessary authorisation from the property owner/representative of any location(s) where the Photographer will be providing its services under this Agreement. Digital files are subject to natural degradation and data and it is Clients’ responsibility to backup such files to
- Limitation of Liability corruption over time prevent loss of data. The Photographer shall store digital files for one year after the date of the session. The Photographer’s liability to the Clients for any claim for damages, reimbursement or loss suffered, relating to or in any way arising out of Package cannot further reenacted or repeated for the purpose of a re-shoot, and that the Photographer has no obligation under this Agreement to do so. Performance under this Agreement, is solely limited to a refund of the Fee. Because a session is an uncontrollable event, the Photographer guarantee delivery of any specifically requested image(s). The Clients recognise and agree that the photo session cannot be replicated,
- Force Majeure Neither the Photographer nor the Clients shall be held responsible or liable if the fulfillment of any terms or provisions of this Agreement are delayed or prevented by revolutions or other disorders, wars, acts of enemies, fires, floods, acts of God, or without limiting the foregoing by any other cause not within the control of the party whose performance is interfered with, and which by the exercise of reasonable diligence, the party is unable to prevent, whether of the class of causes enumerated before or not. In the event the events contemplated by this paragraph occur, the Photographer shall be entitled to retain any and all retainer amounts previously paid by the Clients.
- Indemnification The Clients covenant and agree to indemnify and hold the Photographer harmless from all claims, demands, actions or damage of every kind and description, including reasonable attorney fees and all other costs and expenses necessarily incurred, which may accrue to, or be suffered by the Clients as a result of a third party’s act and/or omission and not as a result of the Photographer’s act and/or omission, including but not limited to the following occurrences: photographic materials being damaged in processing, loss of photographic materials due to camera malfunction, loss of photographic materials in the mail, and photographic materials being stolen while outside the control of the Photographer.
- Governing Law This Agreement shall be governed by the the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.