A Guide to Outdoor Maternity Photoshoots with Dogs
There is no better way to celebrate the joy and anticipation of pregnancy than a beautiful outdoor maternity session. And when furry canine companions are an essential part of your family, including them in your photo session can make it even more special. In this client guide, we'll walk you through what to expect and how to prepare for an unforgettable outdoor maternity session with your furry babies.
What to expect and consider during your photo session:
One beautiful way to capture this magical time in your life is through a maternity photoshoot. But what if you're not just a family of two humans? What if your fur babies, your loyal dogs, and cuddly cats are an integral part of your family, too? The good news is that including your four-legged companions in your maternity photoshoot can add a layer of love and warmth to the pictures.
- Choosing the Right Location:
The first step in planning an outdoor maternity session is choosing the perfect location. Whether it's a park, a picturesque beach or a charming forest, choose a place that speaks to you and complements your personal style.
- Timing is Key:
Schedule the photo shoot at a time when your pets are typically calm and relaxed. Early mornings or late afternoons are usually best.
- Natural Poses and Candid Moments:
The charm of outdoor maternity photoshoots lies in capturing natural and candid moments. Expect me to encourage interactions between you, your partner, and your dogs to create authentic and heartwarming images. We will capture moments of laughter, love, and quiet contemplation. Allow your dogs to explore and be part of the scene.
- Patience Is Key:
Dogs can be unpredictable, and that's part of their charm. Be patient during the shoot, allowing your dogs to explore and be themselves. Sometimes, the most endearing photos come from spontaneous actions.
How to Get Ready for Your Maternity Photoshoot with Dog(s):
- Choose Pet-Friendly Locations: Please select a location that welcomes dogs and offers ample space for them to move around safely. Check any regulations or permits required for dogs in the area.
- Grooming: A few days before the shoot, consider scheduling a grooming session for your dogs. This ensures they look their best and are camera-ready.
- Leash and Treats: Bring leashes or harnesses for your dogs, even if they are well-behaved off-leash. Additionally, pack their favourite treats to keep their attention during the shoot.
- Coordinate Outfits: Coordinate your clothes with your partner and dogs to create a cohesive look. It's not about matching each other exactly but rather about the outfits complementing each other.
- Accessories: Consider using accessories like bandanas or collars for your dogs to add a touch of style to the photos.
- Stay Relaxed and Enjoy: The most important element of a successful photoshoot is to relax and enjoy the experience. Trust me for guidance, and have fun during the session. A relaxed and happy atmosphere makes for the best photos.
- Safety First: Prioritize the safety and well-being of your dogs throughout the shoot. Keep an eye on their comfort and ensure they stay hydrated and rested.
LIFESTYLE MATERNITY ON THE LOCATION
GET IN TOUCH AND BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION CALL SO WE CAN START PLANNING YOUR PHOTOSHOOT
Not quite ready to book?
Order your FREE e-brochure with all the information and options you may have.